Fundraising Events and Engagement Advisor
The Malaghan Institute of Medical Research is New Zealand’s leading independent health research organisation, with around 100 staff dedicated to finding cures for diseases using the body’s own immune system.
The mission of the Development Team is to raise awareness of and financial support for the goals and objectives of the Malaghan Institute of Medical Research (MIMR), and to develop the interface with private and public sources of philanthropy. The office is charged with maximizing the financial gift support to the Institute by seeking public and private contributions in order to increase the capability of its medical research programs. Our Development Team establishes and implements a wide range of development policies and procedures for individual donors, contributing members, support groups, affiliates and others (Friends, Trustees, Staff, Alumni, etc.)
For this newly created position we are looking for an energetic and experienced Fundraising Events and Engagement Advisor to join the Development Team on a permanent full-time basis. This person will work with the Head of Development to project manage our donor campaigns and associated events, with an initial focus on our exciting Down with Cancer campaign. They will work to engage with the Institute’s supporters and advocates, to maximise the financial support needed to invest in our research.
To be successful in this role, you will need first-rate communication skills, with an ability to build and maintain an effective network of relationships with stakeholders, supporters and suppliers of varying ages and backgrounds. This natural ability to engage will shine through during your attendance at fundraising events and meetings. You will be a keen and clever organiser, effectively coordinating campaigns while also assisting the Head of Development to prepare reports, meetings and travel as required.
An understanding of the Not for Profit sector is essential, as is a proficiency within the Microsoft Office suite.Our Fundraising Events and Engagement Advisor will need to travel from time to time.
- Assist the Head of Development to deliver Donor Campaigns and events;
- Coordinate the logistics of campaigns and events to ensure things run smoothly.
Representing the Malaghan Institute:
- Build and maintain an effective network with the Institute’s stakeholders.
- Attendance at various functions, meetings and events connected with Malaghan's Development and profile-raising efforts.
- Assistance in the engagement of visitors to the Institute.
Fundraising and additional support:
- Working within the Development team to engage with supporters and advocates
- Provide support to the Head of Development and the wider team when required.
- Involvement in life-saving philanthropy
- A unique research environment with highly driven scientists and support staff
- Opportunities for travel within New Zealand.
- Development and training opportunities
- An excellent location, with great offices at Victoria University in Kelburn;
- A supportive team culture
If you’re motivated and passionate about fundraising, apply now by sending your Cover Letter and CV via the link. Applications close Friday 15 March.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.