The Malaghan Institute of Medical Research is New Zealand’s leading independent health research organisation, with around 100 staff dedicated to finding cures for diseases using the body’s own immune system.
We have increasing requirements for robust, diverse and adaptable IT infrastructure, and as such we are looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to join our team. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week role (with some flexibility for working after hours), reporting directly to the Head of IT.
- Maintain the Institute’s IT infrastructure, including servers, networking, storage and virtualisation platforms to provide stable, up to date systems that are fit for purpose;
- Liaise with contracted support technicians and ensure core IT infrastructure is maintained, and failures affecting core services (internet, mail server, network services, file sharing etc) are resolved quickly;
- Support the Institute’s information systems, including finance, fundraising, and animal databases;
- Assist the IT Support Technician with troubleshooting and support as required;
- Work with the Head of IT on internal projects;
- Regularly advise the Head of IT on issues and developments.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Experience with enterprise Linux systems, as well as Windows Server;
- Familiarity with VMware will be beneficial, but is not essential
- We operate primarily in a Windows/Linux environment. Mac knowledge is not necessary for the role although would be useful;
- Customer service skills are a must, with a professional and approachable demeanour;
- Ability to problem solve and research issues independently, although support is available from the IT team;
- Enthusiasm to develop your IT career further.
- Room to grow in IT, with opportunities to support and engage in interesting projects;
- Ongoing mentorship from the Head of IT;
- A diverse technical environment to develop experience in;
- An excellent location, with great offices at Victoria University in Kelburn;
- Exposure to a unique research environment working with highly ambitious and driven scientists and support staff;
- A supportive team culture;
- Salary of $50k - $65k depending candidate qualification.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please apply directly through the link or through our Careers page on the Malaghan website. Applications close on 14 December for an anticipated January start. Interviews will be held throughout should the right candidates apply early, so don’t wait, apply today!
Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.