Human Resources Manager
The Malaghan Institute is New Zealand’s leading independent health research organisation, with around 90 staff dedicated to finding cures for diseases using the body’s own immune system.
We are seeking a talented individual to take responsibility for and lead our HR function. If you enjoy working on a wide variety of projects across HR, influencing and coaching senior leaders, and project leadership then this position is for you. This is a hands-on role that requires autonomy, quick decision-making and ability to partner with and understand the organisation.
You will lead and work closely with the HR & Research office advisor. This role will be diverse in nature and a willingness to step outside of the standard HR role at times will be necessary – for example, this role will also include Research Office tasks, for which no prior experience is necessary and training will be provided.
What you are able to bring to the role:
- Effective communication and influencing skills.
- Drive and ambition to make innovative changes and provide support that helps talented people do their jobs more effectively.
- The ability to work in a complex and challenging environment independently.
- Broad generalist HR experience.
What we will offer in return:
- Room to grow as a HR professional and develop your career, with exposure to meaningful projects.
- A Salary of $70,000 - $80,000 NZD, depending on experience, with annual salary reviews, and performance related bonuses.
- Individual training budget.
- A supportive team environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.